We like to think we a pretty relaxed and sociable club, so we don't really have a lot of rules, but here are a few guidelines to help you fit in. Please remember that Tango Cheltenham reserve the right to refuse entry.
- First and foremost, keep things polite and good-natured. We are a diverse group with various backgrounds, beliefs, ages, ethnicity and opinions, but we all share one thing - a love of tango. Please don't forget your Ps and Qs when dancing. Thank you.
- Be respectful. Many of us are unused, on a day-to-day basis, to the amount of and closeness of physical contact involved in tango. Please respect the personal space of others with whom you dance. It is their decision to let you get close, not yours. Some of us have danced together for years and are very comfortable with each other, but we all still must earn the respect of dancers newly met.
- Good hygiene is a must. There is a lot of physical contact in tango and our social events always get very warm. No-one can avoid sweating (or perspiring ladies) over the course of an evening, but we can all start the evening fresh.
- If you disagree with someone, try and live with it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you must argue, do it on your own time.
- Don't forget to pay, please. We don't charge a lot and we have a lot of expenses to cover - not least is the occasional subsidising of workshops for you. Often, we operate on an honesty basis. On a few occasions, we don't charge some of our long-serving members in exchange for their help with some of the task involved in running an event, but please remember that this is our perogative - not yours. Only Janet or Adrian is in a position to make this decision.
- If you don't like something or are uncomfortable about something, please let Janet or Adrian know in private. It is their club and they are therefore in the best position to do something about it. Please do not take it upon yourself to discipline our customers or "instruct" them in our ways. For everyone's comfort, please leave that to us.